Representatives call for the international community to work «within the framework of the most unrestricted fulfillment of respect for human rights».
Deputies from Uruguay’s ruling party have rejected the threat of possible U.S. military intervention against Venezuela as alluded to by President Donald Trump last week.
Members of the Frente Amplio issued a statement asserting their «rejection of the threat of using force, violating the basic principles of international law, which condemns all acts of violence and interference in the internal affairs of each country.»
Declaración de la Bancada de Diputados del @Frente_Amplio de Uruguay ante la amenaza de intervención militar de Estados Unidos a Venezuela. http://pic.twitter.com/J7Ncvx4SwB
— Daniel Caggiani (@DCaggiani) 16 de agosto de 2017
They also said that «the crisis in Venezuela can only be overcome by the Venezuelan people, based on respect, dialogue, and peaceful understanding between the parties.»
The party calls on the international community to work «within the framework of the most unrestricted fulfillment of respect for human rights, the maintenance of democracy and universal peace» and it «condemns emphatically any
While dozens of representatives from the Spanish organizations denounced Trump for saying he hadn’t ruled out the possibility of a military option for Venezuela when he spoke to reporters on Friday.
They include members of Spain’s anti-austerity Podemos party, unions, legal experts and left-wing groups.
Addressing the message to the Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, they congratulated Caracas on the success of the recent elections and «the immediate measures taken by that sovereign body that is the National Constituent Assembly.»
«We want to point out to him (Maduro) that his government and his people are counting on our solidarity and all the good men and women who want peace in a more just and united world, as Commander Hugo Chávez called socialism of the 21st century,» the letter said.